Hi! I’m Pauline and welcome to The Inspired Mundane, my blog for creative living. I believe that we, as beings made in the image of a Creator, have a need to be creative, and that Christians especially should seek to glorify God with creativity in every aspect of life. I hope to provide you with inspiration to beautify your surroundings and reflect God’s peace and order in an otherwise mundane life.
“A Christian, who realizes he has been made in the image of the Creator God and is therefore meant to be creative on a finite level, should certainly have more understanding of his responsibility to treat God’s creation with sensitivity, and should develop his talents to do something to beautify his little spot on the earth’s surface.”
Edith Schaeffer, The Hidden Art of Homemaking
A little about me:
I’m 21 and a college student. I just started a program to get a certificate in web design and I’m sooo excited that I’ve finally settled on a field of study. Beyond that, I’m a writer, and in addition to this blog I have ideas for three other blogs and two vlogs, as well as a series of fantasy novels.
I’ll borrow an idea from Olivia Williams at Fresh Modesty and share with you 21 things about myself:
- I live about an hour away from Seattle, which gives me access to everything from islands, mountains, and forests to urban adventures, fine art, and a wide variety of cuisine.
- I’m engaged to my high school sweetheart. 🙂 He is currently living in Seattle, studying to be a math teacher.
- Ever since I was a kid, writing stories has been one of my favorite things to do. I hope someday to write about both serious theology and fantasy novels; in this regard, C. S. Lewis is my inspiration.
- I’m a huge nerd!
- I have to bring someone with me when I go to the craft store, because otherwise I end up spending way too much time walking around!
- I live on a microfarm with my parents. We have a huge garden and raise a lot of chickens.
- Once upon a time, I was going to be a Montessori preschool teacher. I still plan to homeschool someday, but I’ve decided to pursue writing and blogging instead.
- After being homeschooled through the 8th grade, I went to a small Christian school. I hope I’ve grown out of most of the stereotypes associated with homeschoolers.
- I like lists.
- I’m a recovering hoarder trying to become a minimalist. We’ll see how that works…
- I’m trying to limit my indulgences, but I can’t resist Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Do you know how hard it is to find good peanut butter cups with no dairy?
- Yeah, I’m allergic to milk, or more specifically, the protein casein, which is also used in some barbecue-flavored potato chips.
- Barbecue is my favorite potato chip flavor.
- I can’t do spicy food. My fiance loves spicy food.
- I am reluctant to call myself a ‘gamer,’ because I don’t consider it part of my identity, but I sure do enjoy having a Steam account.
- Avocados are one of my favorite fruits.
- I consider sustainable, eco-friendly, and ethically-produced living very important. That being said, I’m not perfect and am prone to the occasional fast-fashion impulse buy.
- I played classical piano for years before the craziness of young adulthood hit. My favorite composer is Beethoven.
- I try to be a morning person, but I usually end up sleeping through my alarm. 🙁
- My current workout routine consists of running uphill with a 15 lb load and is called “I’m late for class.”
- I’m afraid of heights and water. Diving boards are not for me.